The following video shows you everything I ate today. I’m still chowing down on grapes but I started incorporating steamed veggies and boiled potatoes every once in while. I hope this video and my Cronometer food diary (posted below) can serve as a guide if you are interested in the high carb low fat lifestyle or raw lifestyle. This will give you some idea about what meals are like.
When looking at my food diary, keep in mind:
- My calorie intake is never set in stone. If I feel like I need to eat more, I simply eat more and never restrict calories.
- My macronutrient ratio is set to LFRV (low fat raw vegan) within Cronometer. My calorie summary reflects percentages based on the 80/10/10 ratio. I aim to eat at least 80% of my calories from carbs, at most 10% from protein and at most 10% from fat.
- Walking is my only form of exercise. I’ve been walking around Dublin so much lately! My daily average is 5.1 miles.
- Breakfast: pack of grapes, two bananas
- Lunch in the park: two packs of grapes
- Snacks: chamomile tea with almond milk, pack of grapes
- Dinner: 750g potatoes, ~300g broccoli (from a 500g bunch), 250g mushrooms
My macronutrient ratio:
- 91.7% of my calories came from carbohydrates
- 5.6% from protein
- 2.7% from fat
In the last week, I’ve maintained a fruit-packed diet with the exception of steamed veggies and potatoes. I don’t expect these cooked dinners to become a regular thing but I’m enjoying them at the moment. I do notice I’m more thirsty following my cooked meals, which is no surprise to me. I much prefer my fruit meals so I will try and stick to them as much as possible, but it’s just nice to have a hot meal once in a while, especially in this weather. Tomorrow I only expect to eat fruit as I’m travelling to the Cliffs of Moher. I have seven packs of grapes chilling in the fridge in preparation!
Additional useful posts for further reading:
- My weight loss with HCLF.
- How to use Cronometer.
- What I eat in a day – Palma edition. Find out why it isn’t important to eat 100% of all vitamins and minerals every day.
- What I eat in a day. More Cronometer screenshots and dietary analysis of what I eat.
- Do vegans need to take supplements? Useful information regarding protein, calcium, omega fatty acids, and B12.
- High carb low fat basics. Everything you need to know about the HCLF lifestyle.